Medical and Surgical Imaging
Medical and Surgical Imaging Department
The medical and surgical imaging centre is coordinated by Dr Philippe Brenot.
The hospital has 3 catheterization-angiography rooms :
- One bi-plan digital room for congenital heart diseases.
- One general purpose digital room for interventional and diagnostic heart and vascular explorations.
- This hybrid room has an “operating theatre”-style layout for interventions that involve surgery
- A digital room more specifically dedicated to adult heart coronary explorations.
The main diseases treated
- Heart failure
- Heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Thromboembolic diseases : phlebitis, pulmonary embolism
- Coronary angiography
- Treatment of all structural heart conditions : TAVI, left atrial appendage closure, mitral valve dilation, mitral clip, closure of abnormal communication (post-infarction septal rupture, para-prosthetic leak, etc.)
- Peripheral arterial angioplasty from the carotid artery to the lower limb arteries
- Pulmonary artery angioplasty, our hospital is one of only 2 Centres in French which proposes this type of surgery for patients with chronic pulmonary heart disease related to pulmonary embolisms.
- Placement of single or fenestrated stents
- Hybrid surgery for vascular or aorta conditions
- All types of embolisations and vaso-occlusions (bronchial arteries, arteriovenous malformation, etc.)
- Closure of abnormal intra-cardiac communications (CIA, PFO, arterial canal), pulmonary valve dilation, catheterization to replace the pulmonary valve
- Removal of foreign bodies, cava filter placement