Dr Stéphan HaulonHead Doctor
Heart surgery Department
The medical coordinator of the adult medical surgery centre is Dr Philippe Deleuze.
The heart surgery department is managed by Professor Stéphan Haulon.
The hospital has 3 catheterization-angiography rooms :
- One bi-plan digital room for congenital heart diseases.
- One general purpose digital room for interventional and diagnostic heart and vascular explorations.
- This hybrid room has an operating theatre style layout for interventions with a surgical dimension
- A digital room more specifically dedicated to adult cardiac catheterizations and explorations.
The main diseases treated
- Heart failure
- Heart disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Thromboembolic diseases : phlebitis, pulmonary embolism
- Coronary angioplasty
- Treatment of all structural heart conditions : TAVI, left atrial appendage closure, mitral valve dilation, mitral clip, closure of abnormal communication (post-infarction septal rupture, Para-prosthetic leak, etc.)
- Peripheral arterial angioplasty from the carotid artery to the lower limb arteries
- Pulmonary artery angioplasty, our hospital is one of only 2 Centres in French which proposes this type of surgery for patients with chronic pulmonary heart disease related to pulmonary embolisms
- Placement of single or fenestrated stents
- Hybrid surgery for vascular or aorta conditions
- All types of embolization and vaso-occlusion (bronchial arteries, arteriovenous malformation, etc.)
- Closure of abnormal intra-cardiac communications (CIA, PFO, arterial canal), pulmonary valve dilation, catheterization to replace the pulmonary valve
- Removal of foreign bodies, cava filter placement